Client name: Henry Boot Developments Limited
Client overview: Henry Boot Developments Limited is the specialist property development arm of the Henry Boot Group of Companies which was founded in 1886.
Brief description of the scheme: The relocation of the Dents Factory to a new purpose built factory on the outskirts of the town paved the way for a new 1,858m² Waitrose store and three adjoining retail units.
Additional information: The design and construct scheme incorporated the demolition of the existing factory in order to facilitate the construction of the Waitrose store which included associated parking, service yard and comprehensive Section 278 works to the surrounding roads.
The development adjoined local businesses some of which were accessed through the site, a residential estate and a busy retail park which required strict noise constraints and health and safety considerations.
The store successfully achieved the necessary Breeam and Air Tightness requirements set by Waitrose and required us to work alongside and incorporate the requirements of the appointed fit-out contractor during the latter stages of the development.
The three adjoining smaller retail units, totalling 610m² were constructed for Henry Boot and presented as shells for future fit out.