Wales’ most responsible businesses were recognised last night at BITC Cymru’s Wales Responsible Business Awards 2019 dinner and Jehu Group is proud to have won the Community Partnership Award.
Twenty-five entries were received and nine winning companies were rewarded for their responsible business activity at the dinner which was held at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff, hosted by BBC Cymru Wales’ Lucy Owen and attended by 350 representatives from businesses, the third sector and government.
There were nine categories – Responsible Large Business of the year, Responsible SME of the year, Environment, Education, Inspiring Young Talent, Wellbeing at Work, Diversity and Inclusion, Volunteering Impact and Community Partnership.
The full list of the Wales Responsible Business Awards Winners 2019 is:
- The BITC Cymru Responsible Large Business of the Year Award
Cardiff Business School
- The Welsh Government SME of the Year Award
Rhondda Housing Association
- The ACT Training Inspiring Young Talent Award
- The Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water Wellbeing at Work Award
South Wales Police
- The GE Aviation Wales Diversity & Inclusion Award
Legal & General Wales
- The NPTC Group of Colleges Education Award
- The Wales & West Utilities Community Partnership Award
- The Wales Environmental Award
Kingspan Insulated Panels
- The Volunteering Impact Award
Principality Building Society
The following companies were also reaccredited for their ongoing commitment to being a responsible business:
- Costain Ltd
- ACT Training
- Brecon Carreg Mineral Water
- Principality Building Society
- Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd
- IKEA Cardiff
- Castell Howell Foods
Director of BITC Cymru Matt Appleby said:
“We’re proud that our awards are seen as the gold standard of responsible business. They are highly sought-after, not easy to win and independently judged – and consequently a valuable accolade.
“Our awards recognise companies that make a positive difference – socially, environmentally and educationally – and reward those with a clear social purpose at their heart. It’s fantastic to see so many Welsh employers committed to delivering sustainable growth and prosperity across Wales.
“With our Waste to Wealth environment summit grabbing the headlines a fortnight ago and our awards gaining such kudos this week, it’s fair to say that responsible business activity is, quite rightly, increasingly in the spotlight”.